What Rowatinex is and what it is used for
Rowatinex contains essential oils that help to dissolve or break down and
remove (disintegrating and eliminating) kidney and urinary tract stones.
Rowatinex relieves muscle spasm thus reducing the pain of kidney and
urinary colics. Rowatinex is also used to relieve the effects associated with
mild urinary tract infections.
Before you take Rowatinex
- DO NOT take Rowatinex if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to any of the
active substances or any of the other ingredients of Rowatinex (see section 6 “Further information” for details).
- Take special care with Rowatinex
- Rowatinex is not suitable in patients with severe pain (colic), decrease in
urine production or severe infection of the urinary tract.
- Children and adolescents under 18
- Children and adolescents under 18 years of age should not take
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently
taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a
prescription. These medicines include:
- medicines to thin your blood (oral anti-coagulants e.g. Warfarin)
- medicines that are broken down in the liver (ask your doctor for advise on this)
- Taking Rowatinex with food or drink
- Rowatinex should be taken on an empty stomach half an hour before
- Pregnancy and breast feeding
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
- You should not take Rowatinex in early pregnancy (the first trimester) or if
you are breast feeding. No harmful effects on babies have been reported,
but the risk is still unknown.
- Driving and using machines
- Rowatinex is unlikely to have any effect on your driving or ability to use
How to take Rowatinex
Always take Rowatinex exactly as your doctor has told you. You should
check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Rowatinex must only be taken by swallowing the whole capsule. Do not bite or chew the capsules.
The usual dose for adults:
Take one capsule 3-4 times daily, half an hour before meals.
If you take more Rowatinex than you should
Rowatinex MHRA Caps leaflet 11-08:Chol Farillon Capsleaflet 1
Taking too much Rowatinex might cause:
- Stomach upset (gastric irritation)
- If you have taken more capsules than you should, talk to your doctor or pharmacist immediately
- If you forget to take Rowatinex
- Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. Just take it as soon as you remember. Then go on taking your next dose at the usual time.
- If you stop taking Rowatinex
- Do not stop taking Rowatinex without discussing this with your doctor.
- If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible Side Effects
Like all medicines, Rowatinex can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
A small number of patients have noted side effects such as:
• slight and temporary stomach upset (gastric disturbance).
• being sick (has been rarely reported).
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not
listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
How to store Rowatinex
Keep the capsules out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not store above 25˚C.
Store in a dry place.
Do not use Rowatinex after the expiry date which is stated on the label.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste.
Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required.
These measures will help to protect the environment.
What Rowatinex Capsules contain
- The active substances are: pinene, camphene, cineol, fenchone, borneol and anethol
Each capsule contains:
- pinene [α+β] 31.0 mg
- camphene 15.0 mg
- cineol 3.0 mg
- fenchone 4.0 mg
- borneol 10.0 mg
- anethol 4.0 mg.
The other ingredients are olive oil (33 mg per capsule)
The capsule shell contains:
- sodium ethylhydroxybenzoate E215
- sodium propylhydroxybenzoate E127
sunset yellow FD+C, Yellow No. 6 EEC No. 110 85%
quinoline yellow, EEC No. 104 70%
This product is a medicine; make sure to speak to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact your doctor.
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please contact your General Practitioner if appropriate regarding this product.
Packed for Europe market, that means the box and (or) information leaflet sometimes are only in Russian / Polish / Lithuanian or other language. In this case please refer to this listing description. Everything important is translated here.
The picture is for illustration only. The packaging can be changed by the manufacturer. The box in package will be folded flat.